A team from IPB (Bogor Agrcultural University: Prof. Sudarsono & Dra. Rini Ismayanti), Balitka (Coconut & Other Palm Research Institute: Ir. Ismail Maskromo, MSc.), and UNNES (State University of Semarang: Dr Enni S. Rahayu) have recently visited Kopyor coconut production center at Pati, Central Java, Indonesia. The purposes of this team visit were to conduct field survey the Kopyor production areas at Pati and further discuss the possible collaborative activities among IPB, Balitka, and UNNES about Kopyor coconut conservation.
Dr. Enni S. Rahayu has reaffirmed her interest about Kopyor coconut conservation and development after visiting Kopyor coconut fields. However, she needs to further discuss with her colleagues and initiates research funding hunts before she do anything in the near future. She also intends to start involving her BSc. students in this effort.
Dr. Enni S. Rahayu also plan to organize mini symposium about Kopyor coconut conservation and development. According to her plans, the Kopyor coconut symposium probably will be conducted sometimes in September 2011.
All PMB Lab staffs and associated graduate students wish Dr. Enni S. Rahayu luck in her effort. We hope that her hunts for Kopyor research fund and her plans to organize Kopyor mini symposium will succeed.
Also read (Baca juga):
- 1. On-going Research
- Kick off of New Project on ‘Kopyor’ Coconut
- Survey Kelapa Kopyor Kalianda – Lampung # 1
- Survey Kelapa Kopyor Kalianda – Lampung # 2
- IPB-Balitka-UNNES to Team Up for Pati Kopyor Coconut Conservation and Development
- Ismail Maskromo Went to Jember for Kopyor Coconut Survey
- KKP3T Kopyor Coconut Research Team Visited Kopyor Coconut Production Area in Sumenep, Madura
- ISNAR C2FS Poster #1: Productivity of Pati Dwarf Kopyor Coconut
- ISNAR C2FS Poster #2: Endosperm Diversity of Kalianda Kopyor Coconut