Ismail Maskromo (PhD student associated with PMB Lab) and Prof. Sudarsono attended the International Seminar on Climate Change and Food Security (ISNAR C2FS) in Surabaya. The international seminar run from 27 – 29, 2011. Ismail and Prof. Sudarsono presented two poster presentations in this international seminar.
The titles of their poster presentation were: (1) ‘Productivity of three Dwarf Kopyor Coconut Varieties from Pati, Central Java, Indonesia’ and (2) ‘Diversity of Endosperm Quality among Kalianda Tall Kopyor Coconut.’ In addition to presiding poster presentation, Prof. Sudarsono was also invited as moderator in the plenary session and the parallel oral presentations.
Ismail said that: “While in the international seminar, Prof. Sudarsono and I have discussed various possible aspects of future Kopyor coconut research with Dr. Hugo Volkaert (Center for Agricultural Biotechnology, Kasetsart University, Thailand).” Ismail also mentioned: “Dr. Volkaert had suggested a number of possible research directions to further our understanding about Indonesian Kopyor coconut. In the discussion was also explored possibility for Ismail doing sandwich program (research activities) in Dr. Volkaert laboratories.” Ismail closed his remark by stating that the ISNAR C2FS participation has been very beneficial for him.
PMB Lab staffs and associated graduate students hope that Ismail and Prof. Sudarsono’s participation in ISNAR C2FS be useful. We hope that Ismail will also succeed in getting funding support for his plan sandwich program activities.
Also read (Baca juga) :
- ISNAR C2FS Poster #2: Endosperm Diversity of Kalianda Kopyor Coconut
- ISNAR C2FS 2011 – Abstract Presentation #2: Diversity of Kalianda Kopyor Coconut Endosperm
- ISNAR C2FS Poster #1: Productivity of Pati Dwarf Kopyor Coconut
- ISNAR C2FS 2011 – Abstract Presentation #1: Productivity of Pati Kopyor Coconut
- KKP3T Kopyor Coconut Research Team Visited Kopyor Coconut Production Area in Sumenep, Madura
- Ismail Won Best Poster Award at ISNAR C2FS 2011
- Ismail Maskromo and Prof. Sudarsono Attended ISNAR C2FS 2011
- ISNAR C2FS Was Successfull – Congratulation to Sukendah & Her Colleagues