In the International Seminar on Climate Change and Food Security (ISNAR C2FS), June 27 – 29, 2011 in Surabaya, Ismail Maskromo (PhD students associated with PMB Lab) and Prof. Sudarsono posted two poster presentations. The titles of their poster were: (1) ‘Productivity of three Dwarf Kopyor Coconut Varieties from Pati, Central Java, Indonesia’ and (2) ‘Diversity of Endosperm Quality among Kalianda Tall Kopyor Coconut.’
In addition to best paper presentation, the organizer of ISNAR C2FS also selected best poster presentation. Surprisingly, one of Ismail’s posters received the Best Poster Presentation Award from the ISNAR C2FS organizer.
When asked about his success of getting the poster awards at ISNAR C2FS, Ismail repplied that: “There may be many factors supporting our winning for Poster Award in this ISNAR C2FS. I did try my best to prepare for the poster. Moreover, I announced to the ISNAR C2FS participants about the poster session and asked them to find out what the biggest fruit discussed in the poster is. Somehow, such a question attracted the participants to see Kopyor coconut posters since coconut is the biggest fruit among others discussed in the posters. I believed that may have contributed in our winning for Best Poster Presentation Award.” Anyway, Ismail Maskromo did well in preparing his poster and he deserved the award.
PMB Lab staffs and associated graduate students congratulated Ismail for wining the best Poster Presentation Award during ISNAR C2FS. We hope that Ismail will continue to work hard in his PhD research at PMB Lab, Department of Agronomy and Horticulture, Faculty of Agriculture, IPB Bogor, INDONESIA.
Also read (Baca juga) :
- ISNAR C2FS Poster #2: Endosperm Diversity of Kalianda Kopyor Coconut
- ISNAR C2FS 2011 – Abstract Presentation #2: Diversity of Kalianda Kopyor Coconut Endosperm
- ISNAR C2FS Poster #1: Productivity of Pati Dwarf Kopyor Coconut
- ISNAR C2FS 2011 – Abstract Presentation #1: Productivity of Pati Kopyor Coconut
- KKP3T Kopyor Coconut Research Team Visited Kopyor Coconut Production Area in Sumenep, Madura
- Ismail Won Best Poster Award at ISNAR C2FS 2011
- Ismail Maskromo and Prof. Sudarsono Attended ISNAR C2FS 2011
- ISNAR C2FS Was Successfull – Congratulation to Sukendah & Her Colleagues