Renni Indrayanti, PhD (S3) candidate working at PMB Lab, Department of Agronomi and Horticulture, Faculty of Agriculture, IPB-Bogor had just done her PhD seminar on Monday July 11, 2011, at 11.00-12.00. The title of her PhD seminar was “Increased resistance against Fusarium oxysporum f.sp. cubense in banana (Musa spp.) through induced somaclonal variation and in vitro selection.”Renni Indrayanti is a lecturer at the Department of Biology, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Science (FMIPA), Universitas Negeri Jakarta (UNJ), Jakarta. She is pursuing her PhD degree at Plant Breeding and Biotechnology (PBT) Study Program, School of Graduate Studies, IPB, Bogor since 2006. She does her PhD dissertation research at both PMB Lab. of IPB and Plant Tissue Culture Lab of Universitas Negeri Jakarta (UNJ)
Currently, she has completed almost all the academic requirements for her PhD degree and been in the process of writing her PhD dissertation. She plans to have her dissertation research document completed in the next couple of months and does her closed (first round) and open (second round) of PhD examination at the end of 2011.
One of her significant PhD dissertation research finding is her success in identifying irradiated banana variants that are resistance against Fusarium oxysporum f. cubense (Foc) infection. She also established a number of parameters associated with gamma irradiation and in vitro selection against Foc. of banana cv. Ampyang, which she believes also applicable to other banana types.
PMB Lab staffs and associated graduate students congratulate Renni Indrayanti for successfully doing her PhD seminar. We hope that she will finish her PhD dissertation document writing soon and do her PhD examinations in due time.
Also read (Baca juga):
- Nur Ajijah Ridwan Completed Her Written PhD Qualifying Examination
- Syamsuddin of Unsyiah, Darrusalam-Banda Aceh Visited PMB Lab
- 15 August 2011: The Start of New Semester for IPB Graduate Students
- Siti Halimah Larekeng Completed Her Written PhD Qualifying Examination
- Renni Indrayanti Did Her PhD Seminar on Gamma Irradiation of Banana
- Roy Effendi – PMB Lab MSC (S2) alumnus Continues His PhD Program at Hasanuddin University
- Anneke Pesik: New S3 Student at PBT Study Program
- Ismail Maskromo Went to Jember for Kopyor Coconut Survey
- Agus Rahmat is now Doctoral Candidate
- Agustiyansyah: First PhD Graduate of Seed Science & Technology Major