In the early August 2011 – Siti Halimah Larekeng – S3 student associated with PMB Lab completed her first phase (written) of PhD qualifying examination. She has answered in writing a set of questions from his PhD (S3) committee members (Prof. Sudarsono, Prof. Nurhayati Ansori Mattjik, and Dr. Agus Purwito).
After three days of examination periods, Siti Halimah Larekeng has eventually completed her written PhD qualifying examination. If she is successful in answering sets of questions from her PhD committee members, Siti Halimah Larekeng will need to take her second phase of PhD qualifying examination before being declared a PhD candidate.
For her PhD dissertation research, Siti Halimah Larekeng will develop effective protocols for inducing somatic embryos of normal coconut and improve protocols for plantlet regeneration of Kopyor coconut. She try to meet all of those goals by manipulating various in vitro growth media and coconut explants.
All PMB Lab staffs and the associated graduate students wish her success in her first phase PhD qualifying examination. We hope that she will pass the first phase and do the second phase of PhD qualifying examination in due time.
Also read (Baca juga):
- Nur Ajijah Ridwan Completed Her Written PhD Qualifying Examination
- Syamsuddin of Unsyiah, Darrusalam-Banda Aceh Visited PMB Lab
- 15 August 2011: The Start of New Semester for IPB Graduate Students
- Siti Halimah Larekeng Completed Her Written PhD Qualifying Examination
- Renni Indrayanti Did Her PhD Seminar on Gamma Irradiation of Banana
- Roy Effendi – PMB Lab MSC (S2) alumnus Continues His PhD Program at Hasanuddin University
- Anneke Pesik: New S3 Student at PBT Study Program
- Ismail Maskromo Went to Jember for Kopyor Coconut Survey
- Agus Rahmat is now Doctoral Candidate