During the period of 10-13 October 2011 – Ismail Maskromo – S3 student associated with PMB Lab took his first phase (written) of PhD qualifying examination. He has answered in writing a set of questions from his PhD (S3) committee members (Prof. Sudarsono [IPB], Prof. Hengki Novarianto [Balitka], Dr. Dewi Sukma [IPB] and Dr. Sukendah [UPN Veteran Jatim]).
After five days of examination period, Ismail Maskromo has eventually completed his written PhD qualifying examination. He has successfully answered set of questions from his PhD committee members. Subsequently, Ismail Maskromo will need to take her second phase of PhD qualifying examination before being declared a PhD candidate.
For his PhD dissertation research, Ismail Maskromo will investigate controlled pollination, genetic diversity, and preliminary mapping of Kopyor coconut genome using SSR markers. He tries to meet all of those goals by conducting lab. activities in IPB Bogor and field activities in various Kopyor coconut production centers in Sumatera and Java.
All PMB Lab staffs and the associated graduate students congratulate Ismail Maskromo for the success in his first phase PhD qualifying examination. We hope that he will also pass the second phase of PhD qualifying examination in due time.
Also read (Baca juga):
- Nur Ajijah Ridwan Completed Her Written PhD Qualifying Examination
- Syamsuddin of Unsyiah, Darrusalam-Banda Aceh Visited PMB Lab
- 15 August 2011: The Start of New Semester for IPB Graduate Students
- Siti Halimah Larekeng Completed Her Written PhD Qualifying Examination
- Renni Indrayanti Did Her PhD Seminar on Gamma Irradiation of Banana
- Roy Effendi – PMB Lab MSC (S2) alumnus Continues His PhD Program at Hasanuddin University
- Anneke Pesik: New S3 Student at PBT Study Program
- Ismail Maskromo Went to Jember for Kopyor Coconut Survey
- Agus Rahmat is now Doctoral Candidate