In the 2011 Indonesian Horticulture Society (PERHORTI) Seminar – November 23 – 24, 2011 at Lembang, Bandung, Ismail Maskromo (PhD students associated with PMB Lab) has presented one of his PhD disertation research finding. In this seminar, the organizer awarded participants with Best Poster Award and Best Presentation Award. In the Best Oral Presentation Award, Ismail Maskromo has won one of the four that was selected by the Perhorti Seminar organizer.
Ismail Maskromo presentation was co-authored by himself, Hengki Novarianto (Balitka, Manado), and Sudarsono (PMB Lab, IPB). The titles of his oral presentation was: ‘Flowering Penology of Three Dwarf Kopyor Coconut Varieties from Pati.’
When asked about his success of getting the oral presentation award at 2011 PERHORTI seminar, Ismail replied that: “It was all started with the controversy’s question – Is coconut belong to horticulture crop or estate crop?” The answer of that question was provided by Prof. Ian Warrington of Massey University, New Zealand. He has brought a brochure about 2014 ISHS Congress in Australia. It just happened that in that brochure, there was a photograph of coconut along with many fruits. “That is the end of controversy’s question,” explained Ismail. Ismail further explained: “I used that controversy as one of the background before explaining the topic of my presentation. Somehow, that point I believed might have contributed to the winning for Best Poster Presentation Award.” Anyway, Ismail Maskromo did well in preparing his oral presentation and he deserved the award.
PMB Lab staffs and associated graduate students congratulated Ismail for wining the best Oral Presentation Award during 2011 Perhorti Seminar at Lembang, Bandung. We hope that Ismail will continue to work hard in his PhD research at PMB Lab, Department of Agronomy and Horticulture, Faculty of Agriculture, IPB Bogor, INDONESIA and succeeds in his PhD program.
Read also (Baca juga) :
- UPDATE: Photo Collections from Perhorti Seminar, Lembang – Bandung
- Ismail Maskromo Won Best Oral Presentation Award at 2011 PERHORTI Seminar
- A Number of PhD/S3 Alumni Associated with PMB Lab Presented Oral Presentation at 2011 Perhorti Seminar, Lembang – Bandung
- PhD Candidates from PMB LAB Participated in 2011 Perhorti Seminar at Lembang, Bandung
- UPDATE: Keynote Speech at Perhorti Seminar, Lembang – Bandung
- UPDATE: Seminar Perhorti di Lembang – Bandung
- STOP PRESS – Seminar Ilmiah Tahunan Hortikultura 2011
- Ismail Won Best Poster Award at ISNAR C2FS 2011