Surti Kurniasih, PhD (S3) candidate working at PMB Lab, Department of Agronomi and Horticulture, Faculty of Agriculture, IPB-Bogor had just done her PhD seminar on Monday November 21, 2011, at 11.00-12.00. The title of her PhD seminar was “Diversity Analysis of Cacao (Theobroma cacao L.) Germplasm Based on Morphological characters and SSR Markers.”Surti Kurniasih is a lecturer at the Department of Pendidikan Biology, Facultas Keguruan dan Ilmu Kependidikan (FKIP) Universitas Pakuan (UNPAK), Bogor. She is pursuing her PhD degree at Plant Breeding and Biotechnology (PBT) Study Program, School of Graduate Studies, IPB, Bogor since 2006. She does her PhD dissertation research at both PMB Lab. of IPB and Central of Agricultural Biotechnology, Kasetsart University, Thailand.
Currently, she has completed almost all the academic requirements for her PhD degree and been in the process of writing her PhD dissertation. She plans to have her dissertation research document completed in the next couple of months and does her closed (first round) and open (second round) of PhD examination at the end of 2011 or at the early 2012.
One of her significant PhD dissertation research finding is her success in showing that the cacao germplasm collections were very diverse. In her PhD dissertation research, she established a number of SSR markers that segregate together with resistance response of cacao against Phytophthora palmivora infection using F1 populations. She also established allelic diversity of disease responsive gene in cacao.
PMB Lab staffs and associated graduate students congratulate Surti Kurniasih for successfully doing her PhD seminar. We hope that she will finish her PhD dissertation document writing soon and do her PhD examinations in due time.
Also read (Baca juga):
- Nur Ajijah Ridwan Completed Her Written PhD Qualifying Examination
- Syamsuddin of Unsyiah, Darrusalam-Banda Aceh Visited PMB Lab
- 15 August 2011: The Start of New Semester for IPB Graduate Students
- Siti Halimah Larekeng Completed Her Written PhD Qualifying Examination
- Renni Indrayanti Did Her PhD Seminar on Gamma Irradiation of Banana
- Roy Effendi – PMB Lab MSC (S2) alumnus Continues His PhD Program at Hasanuddin University
- Anneke Pesik: New S3 Student at PBT Study Program
- Ismail Maskromo Went to Jember for Kopyor Coconut Survey
- Agus Rahmat is now Doctoral Candidate
- Agustiyansyah: First PhD Graduate of Seed Science & Technology Major