A number of graduate students and alumni associated with PMB Lab, Department of Agronomy, IPB have participated in Pre-Seminar Training Course on “Basic Operation of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Data.” The training course was conducted in conjunction with the Regional Seminar – Advances in Tropical Genomics: Conservation and Sustainable Utilization of Tropical Biodiversity.
Graduate students associated with PMB Lab who participated in training course were Agus Sutanto (PhD student), Anneke Pessik (PhD student), Ismail Maskromo (PhD student), Sesanti Basuki (PhD student), and Walter Ajambang (PhD student).
Two alumni associated with PMB Lab who participated in training course were Dewi Sukma (PhD. alumnus) and Zulhermana (MSc. alumnus). Prof. Sudarsono of PMB Lab also participated in the training course.
The Pre-Seminar Training Course was held in December 19, 2011 at at Computer Room, Computer Center Building, IPB Campus Dramaga, Bogor, West Java, Indonesia. The resource person of the training is Dr. Junya Yamagishi of National Research Center for Protozoan Diseases, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Japan.
In the Pre-Seminar Training Course, the following topics were discussed:
- Mapping of short read sequences (SRSs) on genome sequences with Bowtie
- Quantitative estimation of gene expression by the mapped SRSs
- Imaging of the mapped data with SAM tools
- Assembling of SRSs with ABySS
The Pre-Seminar Training Course introduced to training participants on the availability of New Generation Sequencing (NGS) and the way to process the NGS generated data. It was certainly an interesting course, although the allocated time is rather limited for discussing such topics. PMB Lab staffs and associated graduate students hope that the introduction of this technology to IPB staffs and graduate students would opened up further research opportunity in the future.
Also Read (Baca juga) :
- Dr. Kazuyuki Doi of Nagoya University Presented Seminar on “Recent Advances in Rice Molecular Genetics and Genomics”
- UPDATE – Regional Seminar Advances in Tropical Genomics: Conservation and Sustainable Utilization of Tropical Biodiversities
- Graduate Students and Alumni Associated with PMB Lab Participated in Pre-Seminar Training on NGS Data Analysis
- Interested in GENOMIC STUDY? Come to IPB-BIOTROP Regional Seminar “Advances in Tropical Genomics: Conservation and Sustainable Utilization of Tropical Biodiversity”