New “Surat Edaran” from Dirjen Dikti, address to all “Rektor/Ketua/Direktur PTN/PTS” in Indonesia just come out in January 27, 2012. It was about “Kewajiban Mahasiswa S1, S2 dan S3 Membuat Publikasi Ilmiah Sebelum Dinyatakan Lulus.”
This new Dikti policy have stirred campus academic atmosphere and caused a situation in it. It might be because no one knows clearly how this new policy will be implemented. The followings are summary of TWEETS from DIKTI about that matter. These information may clarify some confusions about this new DIKTI policy and its implementation.
Summary from DIKTI TWEETS:
- What is “Jurnal” in the DIKTI new policy (SE Dirjen Dikti no.152/E/T/2012)?
The term “Jurnal“ referred in that “SE Dirjen Dikti” consisted of three different kinds:
- Jurnal Ilmiah (Scientific Journal),
- Jurnal Ilmiah Nasional (Nationally Acreditted Scientific Journal),
- Jurnal Internasional (International Scientific Journal).
- What is Jurnal Ilmiah Nasional (National Scientific Journals):
Jurnal Ilmiah Nasional should meet the following criteria: (a) It has the ISSN, (b) The objective is to disseminate scientific research results and or scientific concepts in a certain science discipline (disiplin ilmu tertentu), (c) Targeted to certain scientific community (scientist) having relevance scientific discipline (masyarakat ilmiah/peneliti yg memiliki disiplin keilmuan yang relevan), (d) Follow the rules of standard scientific writing (such as: problem statement, problem solving, theoretical support, conclusion and table of content), (e) Publish by scientific organizations, universities, or units within university, (f) Using Indonesian language and or English language with abstract in Indonesian language, (g) The editorial boards consisted of experts in their field and the journal is distributed nationally.
- What is Jurnal Ilmiah Nasional Terakreditasi (Nationally Accreditted Scientific Journals)?
Jurnal Ilmiah National Terakreditasi is Jurnal Ilmiah Nasional that meets the requirements set up by Dikti in “Permendiknas No. 22 Tahun 2011” about “Terbitan Berkala Ilmiah” (http://bit.ly/yRYLLH) and “Peraturan Dirjen Dikti Nomor 49/DIKTI/Kep/2011” about “Pedoman Akreditasi Terbitan Berkala” (http://bit.ly/z1Nqi8) as well as “Surat Edaran Direktur Diktendik No. 1313/E5.4/LL/2011” about “Akreditasi Terbitan Berkala Ilmiah Tahun 2011” (http://j.mp/wkdG21) and “Surat Edaran Direktur Diktendik Tanggal 10 January 2012” about “Akreditasi Terbitan Berkala Ilmiah Tahun 2012” (http://j.mp/zKja6Z).
- What is Jurnal Ilmiah (Scientific Journal)?
Jurnal Ilmiah may be in the form of journal that meets only a few criterias of Jurnal Ilmiah Nasional. This can be in the form of Campus Journal that is not nationally distributed or uploaded in the form of on-line journal.
- What is Jurnal Internasional (International Journal)?
The criteria for Jurnal Internasional may be reviewed in the following link (http://bit.ly/zMk2NY)
Just to remind every one, here are again the summary of new DIKTI policy on scientific publication:
Before granted a graduation, starting August 2012 – university students are required to
- Publish one scientific publication in any scientific journal. This rule is for all undergraduate (BSc./S1) students.
- Publish one scientific publication in a DIKTI accredited national scientific journal (more preferred than non-accredited one). This rule is for all graduate (MSc./S2) students.
- Publish one scientific publication in any international scientific journal. This rule is for all graduate (PhD./S3) students.