Sri Soenarsih, a PhD (S3) candidate working at PMB Lab, Department of Agronomy and Horticulture, Faculty of Agriculture, IPB-Bogor has just done her PhD seminar on Thursday, March 1, 2011, at 09.00-1O.00. The title of her PhD seminar was “Diversity of North Moluccas Nut Megs based on Morphological and Molecular (SSR) Markers.”Sri Soenarsih is a lecturer at the Department of Agrotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture (Faperta), Khairun University (Unkhair), Ternate, North Moluccas (Maluku Utara). She is pursuing her PhD degree at Plant Breeding and Biotechnology (PBT) major, School of Graduate Studies, IPB, Bogor since 2007. She does all her PhD dissertation research at PMB Lab., IPB.
Currently, she has completed almost all of the academic requirements for her PhD degree and been in the process of writing her PhD dissertation. She plans to have her dissertation research document completed in the next couple of months and does her closed (first round) and open (second round) of PhD examination at the end of August 2012.
One of her significant PhD dissertation research finding is her success in identifying various nut meg species (Myristica sp.) molecular simple sequence repeat (SSR) marker. She also established a number of loci associated with specific Myristica sp., which she believes will be useful for species identification.
PMB Lab staffs and associated graduate students congratulate Sri Soenarsih for successfully doing her PhD seminar. We hope that she will finish her PhD dissertation document writing soon and do her PhD examinations in due time.
Also read (Baca juga):
- Nur Ajijah Ridwan Completed Her Written PhD Qualifying Examination
- Syamsuddin of Unsyiah, Darrusalam-Banda Aceh Visited PMB Lab
- 15 August 2011: The Start of New Semester for IPB Graduate Students
- Siti Halimah Larekeng Completed Her Written PhD Qualifying Examination
- Renni Indrayanti Did Her PhD Seminar on Gamma Irradiation of Banana
- Roy Effendi – PMB Lab MSC (S2) alumnus Continues His PhD Program at Hasanuddin University
- Anneke Pesik: New S3 Student at PBT Study Program
- Ismail Maskromo Went to Jember for Kopyor Coconut Survey
- Agus Rahmat is now Doctoral Candidate
- Agustiyansyah: First PhD Graduate of Seed Science & Technology Major